Denver, CO – The Colorado Restaurant Association (CRA) is pleased to announce the winners of the 2022 Lifetime Achievement Awards, who will be celebrated at the CRA’s Board of Directors and Lifetime Achievement Awards Dinner on Tuesday, October 25, 2022, at the Broadmoor Resort in Colorado Springs. This prestigious awards program celebrates Coloradans who are devoted to the idea of hospitality and practice it in their daily lives. These individuals are recognized throughout the industry for the significant contributions they have made through their careers in leadership, service, and dedication to the foodservice industry and Colorado community.
Colorado Foodservice Hall of Fame Inductees
The Colorado Foodservice Hall of Fame was established in 1978 to honor those individuals who have served as an inspiration and example through their long careers in service and significant contributions to the local restaurant industry.
- Bill and Jim Carver: Founders, Carver Brewing Company (Durango)
- Beth Gruitch: Proprietor, Crafted Concepts (Rioja, Bistro Vendôme, Stoic & Genuine, Ultreia; Denver)
- Richard A. Salturelli (posthumously; September 15, 1941 – April 30, 2022): Partner, The Cherry Cricket, the Bay Wolf, CityGrille, the Blake Street Tavern, and others
- Marc Steron: Managing Partner, Shanahan’s Steakhouse (Denver)
It’s also a great pleasure to announce the winners of the CRA’s annual Industry Spotlight Awards, who will be recognized at a ceremony taking place on Wednesday, November 9, 2022, at the Studio Loft at the Denver Performing Arts Complex (980 14th Street), beginning at 6 p.m. The CRA’s Industry Spotlight Awards is the only awards program for Colorado’s hospitality community that celebrates contributions at all levels of the industry, from back-of-house employees and managers to chefs and owners. Awards are also given to honor individuals and hospitality partners who serve as outstanding mentors and allies for the industry.
2022 SIGNATURE DISH AWARDS
- OUTSTANDING ALLIED PARTNER: UnitedHealthcare (national)
- EXCEPTIONAL NEWCOMER: Natascha Hess, Ginger Pig (Denver, Boulder)
- OUTSTANDING MEDIA PROFESSIONAL: Tamara Chuang, Colorado Sun (Denver)
- OUTSTANDING PROFESSIONALS: Dol Bhattarai, Yak & Yeti Restaurants (multiple locations); Ashley Hoffman, Restaurants of America (Hooters, Lil’ Ricci’s Pizza, The
2 Moon Saloon; multiple locations); Carlin Karr, Frasca Hospitality Group (Denver, Boulder); Dana Rodriguez, Work & Class, Super Mega Bien, Cantina Loca (Denver)
- OUTSTANDING REGIONAL PROFESSIONALS: Seanan Culloty, Manna Soup Kitchen (Durango); Josh Niernberg, Bin 707 Foodbar, Taco Party (Grand Junction)
- OUTSTANDING PHILANTHROPISTS: Hosea Rosenberg and Lauren Feder Rosenberg, Blackbelly and Santo (Boulder); Jesusio Silva, the Golden Mill (Golden)
2022 STARS OF THE INDUSTRY AWARDS
Given to employees in the hospitality industry who have demonstrated exceptional professionalism and contributed to the positive image of the foodservice industry in Colorado.
- BOH EMPLOYEES OF THE YEAR: Travis Culver, Mountain Standard (Vail); Amanda Houdek, the Broadmoor Resort (Colorado Springs); Kc Picco, Taco Party, Bin 707 Foodbar (Grand Junction)
- CHEF OF THE YEAR: Gabe Wyman, Rioja (Denver)
- FOH EMPLOYEES OF THE YEAR: Noah Fields, La Patisserie Francaise (Arvada); Bobby Rayburn, Point Easy (Denver)
- MANAGER OF THE YEAR: Sara Brodhead, Mici Handcrafted Italian (Colorado Springs)
- BARTENDER OF THE YEAR: Roberto Delgado, El Moro Spirits & Tavern (Durango)
- LEGACY EMPLOYEES: Jose Alvarado, Wahoo’s Colorado (Boulder); Emmanuel Grajeda, Sweet Basil (Vail); Yulita “Lenny” Setiono, Kokoro Restaurant (Denver)
DISTINGUISHED SERVICE AWARD
- Scott Engelman, Carl’s Tavern and Truffle Pig (Steamboat Springs)
# # # # #
About the Colorado Restaurant Association
The Colorado Restaurant Association (CRA) is dedicated to the enhancement and success of Colorado’s foodservice industry. Founded in 1933, the CRA is the leading trade organization for the state’s dynamic restaurant scene. The CRA represents, educates, and promotes a $14+ billion industry comprised of more than 12,500 eating and drinking establishments and 240,000 workers. corestaurant.org