Slips, trips and falls, especially during winter, cause many injuries and even deaths on the job. In fact, only motor vehicle accidents cause more worker fatalities. The financial toll is great, as well. Slips, trips and falls cost employers billions of dollars each year in lost productivity, workers’ compensation claims and medical costs.
Training can go a long way toward preventing these accidents. It should enable workers to identify slip, trip and fall hazards and to mitigate the risks. Look for the following qualities when choosing and implementing training resources:
- Engaging content — high production quality, good narration and interactive learning.
- Fully accessible program — self-paced and available anytime, anywhere — on desktop and/or mobile devices.
- Current and compliant guidelines — updated for accuracy, relevance and compliance.
Ensure your organization’s training program covers the following topics:
- How slips, trips and falls affect the workplace.
- How to choose proper footwear.
- How to identify and mitigate slip, trip, and fall risks and hazards.
- How to choose and implement controls that can reduce slips, trips and falls.
Pinnacol and other resources
The Knowledge Center
on Pinnacol’s website provides a training roster to document your employee training in slips, trips and falls as well as other safety concerns. We also offer a facilities checklist; downloadable worksite posters; Pinnacol Pointers on slips, trips and falls as well as ladder safety; and several one-page Safety Talks on the subject. In partnership with J.J. Keller, a leader in safety and compliance training, Pinnacol provides online and video classes
on slips, trips and falls.
provides a webpage of extensive training resources. Additionally, the National Safety Council
provides customized training solutions that address slips, trips and falls.
To take the next safe step, we invite you and your team to contact Pinnacol’s Safety On Call at email@example.com
or 303.361.4700 or 888.501.4752