Pro Tips: Cleaning Tips for Combating Coronavirus March 06,2020
This post uses information from our friends at Auto-Chlor. See Auto-Chlor's full coronavirus recommendations here.
Are you watching the news about coronavirus, or COVID-19, wondering if anything will stop the spread? Or worrying about it spreading in your restaurant? Here's some good news: Not only is there no evidence that COVID-19 is transmitted to humans through food, coronavirus is an enveloped virus. Enveloped viruses are the least resistant to disinfection, which means disinfectants can be used to effectively kill coronavirus on surfaces.
Action plan for Restaurants:
Common high-touch areas:
- Identify your most vulnerable spots.
- Follow local public health recommendations.
- Reinforce personal hygiene (hand and cough) throughout your organization.
- Provide hygiene materials such as soap, alcohol-based hand rubs and hand sanitizer stations to guests and employees (Auto-Chlor can help with this!).
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and high-touch objects with approved disinfectants (Auto-Chlor can help with this!).
- Continue to follow food-contact surface procedures.
- Wash your hands, wash your hands, wash your hands.
- Door knobs and handles
- Restroom surfaces
In addition to hand-sanitizer and cleaning solutions that are effective against enveloped viruses, Auto-Chlor offers:
- World-class training programs and tools
- On-site service and solution support
- Call center support
Find more information about Auto-Chlor here
Find more coronavirus information here