See stories below for links from the video.
On Monday night of the Restaurant Show, we will be hosting the 2018 Industry Spotlight Awards ceremony. This event celebrates the restaurant industry and the top stars of hospitality, and gives attendees a chance to enjoy fantastic food and beverages with colleagues! We have award winners this year from all around the state, all representing the industry at the highest level of excellence.
MEET THE 2018 INDUSTRY SPOTLIGHT AWARD WINNERS!
Outstanding Media Professional Signature Dish Award
- Mark Antonation, Westword (Denver)
Philanthropist Signature Dish Awards
- Lauren O'Brien, The Palm (Denver)
- Sean McNicholas & Shannon Fitzgerald, McNicholas Family (Denver)
Exceptional Newcomer Signature Dish Award
- Christopher Martinez, Ad Hominem (Denver)
Outstanding Professional Signature Dish Award
- Brother Luck, Four by Brother Luck (Colorado Springs)
Regional Outstanding Professional Signature Dish Award
- Brian Seifried, Wing Shack (Greeley, Loveland, Garden City, Fort Collins)
Outstanding Allied Partner
- Rich Schneider, Raquelitas Tortillas (Denver)
Stars of the Industry Chef of the Year
- Linda Hampsten Fox, The Bindery (Denver)
Stars of the Industry Manager of the Year
- Mark Stanford, Truffle Pig Restaurant (Steamboat Springs)
Stars of the Industry Bartender of the Year
- Michael Howk, The Palm (Denver)
Stars of the Industry Front of House Employee of the Year
- Thania Arroyo, 'Bout Time! Pub & Grub (Denver)
Stars of the Industry Legacy Employees:
- Milton Guevara, Illegal Pete's (Boulder)
- Rose Votta, Frasca Food and Wine (Boulder)
- Julie Ludwig, Mi Casa Mexican Restaurant (Breckenridge)
- JJ Johnson, The Laundry Kitchen & Cocktails (Steamboat Springs)
Pinnacol Assurance Safety Award
- Edible Beats - Root Down, Linger, Ophelia's, Vital Root, El Five
Help celebrate the amazing industry contributions of the winners at the Industry Spotlight Awards on September 17 from 4:30 – 7:30 p.m. at the Colorado Convention Center. Tickets and sponsorship opportunities are available on our website.
We are in the final planning stages for our annual Colorado Restaurant Show, September 17-18. Don’t get left out! Make sure you register your team for the fascinating keynote speakers and educational sessions, and make time to visit with our many exhibitors on the show floor. This year we are excited to collaborate with the ACF/Colorado Chefs Association with daily chef demos on the show floor, as well as an area dedicated to getting one-on-one advice in the “Ask an Expert” area. Plus, there’s a chance to win $50,000, you don’t want to miss it!
Walk the expo floor for FREE or add a full conference pass to see our keynote speakers and other education sessions for only $25. Register today!
Most payment processing systems, including point-of-sale terminals, operate through an internet connection. Unfortunately, technology isn’t always the most reliable. It can freeze, glitch or shut down altogether, bringing everything – including processing payments – to a screeching halt. That’s why it’s imperative that your business has equipment in place to keep business transactions up and running in the event of an internet outage. Learn more from our partners at Heartland on our Blog.
The National Restaurant Association’s Restaurant Performance Index for June reported improvements in same-store sales and customer traffic, but the operator outlook for the longer-term remains softened, said Hudson Riehle, our senior vice president of research. According to Riehle, the June RPI was at 101.6, up 0.5 percent from 101.2 in May. Want more info? Read the full article and watch the video. Questions? Contact Elissa Elan.