Reports to: Business Development & Engagement Manager
Job type: Exempt Full-time Position
Direct reports: None
Salary and Benefits:
- Base pay plus commission with on target earnings of $64,400. Average earnings range $75,000-$125,000.
- $150/mo. auto allowance.
- $50/mo. phone allowance.
- Health, Dental, Gap Insurance, Life and AD&D benefits as consistent with CRA’s benefits for all staff.
- Potential for profit sharing as part of CRA’s 401k plan at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
- Free Parking
This position focuses on membership sales and is responsible for maximizing revenue and member count in assigned territory by developing an in-depth knowledge of the Colorado Restaurant Association’s value proposition in order to grow new restaurant and supplier members.
- Prospecting, cold calling, appointment setting, and follow up with potential new restaurant and vendor members.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the CRA’s advocacy work, resources and member benefits.
- Create and execute a territory sales plan that meets or exceeds established membership goals.
- Attending and assistance with content for chapter meetings within your territory.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with endorsed providers to grow membership and demonstrate benefits to current and prospective members.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationship with new and existing members and assist them in connecting with resources as needed.
- Attend staff and sales meetings as required.
- Represent the CRA in a professional manner within the community.
- Join and participate in at least one leads group that is industry specific.
- Work with CRA staff regularly and provide updated information on membership data.
- Attend chapter meetings and chapter functions in assigned territory.
- Attend work-related events as requested (sometimes requires evenings or weekends). Events include Drink Red, Wear Red; Denver Food & Wine; Annual Board Orientation; Golf Tournaments; Colorado Restaurant & Bar Show; Industry Spotlight Awards and more.
Contact with Others
- Considerable interaction with members, prospective members, and endorsed providers.
- Interaction and coordination with CRA Education Foundation.
- Moderate interaction with the CRA volunteer leadership (e.g., Board of Directors).
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Some sales experience.
- Relationship builder and team player.
- Organization, time management, and follow-up skills.
The CRA offers a competitive salary and commission. Benefits include: health, dental, 401k, profit sharing, disability, life insurance, free parking.
The culture at the CRA is dynamic. Our team is passionate about the work that we do on behalf of our restaurant members. There is support and teamwork that leads to a positive work environment that is dedicated to your success.
Send cover letter, resume, salary requirements to Jen Johnson at email@example.com
- Some travel and evening / weekend work are required.
- No phone calls please.
- Local residents only (no relocation offered).
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel in this position. Updated 01/10/2022.
TO APPLY: Submit a cover letter along with your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. All submissions received will be kept confidential. Only complete submissions will be considered for the position.