Reports to: CRA President & CEO
Job type: Exempt Full-time Position
Direct reports: Office Manager/Accounting Assistant
$85,000-$105,000 plus bonus potential and benefits
The CRA offers competitive salary, vacation and PTO leave, health insurance, dental benefits, vision benefits, 401K, discretionary retirement contribution, short and long-term disability, life insurance, private office, and free parking. $50/mo. in cell-phone reimbursement. Corporate credit card provided for work-related expenses.
Approximately 50% remote work is allowed.
Reporting to the President and CEO, the Controller plays a central role in the development, maintenance, direction and oversight of the organization’s (CRF, Host Pac and HI-Pac) finance and accounting activities. The controller works independently and collaboratively with staff, the President & CEO and Board members.
The Controller will lead all day-to-day finance operations and either perform or oversee team members with functional responsibilities including accounting, payroll, employee benefit administration, limited HR functions, office, IT, and building management.
The Controller is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the association’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
As a member of the senior leadership team, the Controller will work closely with fellow leadership and their staff, not only to educate them regarding finance and accounting procedures but also to explore how the finance function can support program operations.
FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING LEADERSHIP:
- Continuously monitors critical areas of internal financial controls, identifies problems, and implements corrective action.
• Ensures annual audits are performed; coordinates all audit activity including scheduling, preparation of requests, review of financial statements and 990 and 990T tax returns.
• Coordinates the annual budgeting process for all CRA organizations, collaborating with staff on preparing final budgets to be presented to Boards of Directors.
• Manages relationships with external and internal entities including banks and investment advisors.
• Reviews and advises on all contracts that have a financial impact on the organization and assures that management is well-aware of the financial implications of entering into those contracts.
• Communicates financial and compliance matters to executive and management team.
• Supervises the processing of all accounts payable and receivable activities.
• Prepares bank reconciliations, performs all general ledger activities including journal entries, reconciliation and analysis
• Consistently analyzes financial data and presents financial reports in an accurate and timely manner and provides feedback to appropriate staff regarding budgetary status; ensures that accounting practices comply with GAAP standards
• Works with the organizations’ financial advisors to track performance of investments in keeping with policies and investment guidelines.
• Facilitates filing of tax returns for all CRA Chapters, liaising with Chapter leadership as needed.
• Ensures all government-required reports are filed in a timely manner (PAC filings, SOS filings)
• Represents CRA at meetings as directed by President & CEO.
PAYROLL, HUMAN RESOURCES, AND EMPLOYEE BENEFIT ADMINISTRATION:
- Processes semi-monthly, commission and any special payrolls
• HR recordkeeping (payroll, benefits, employee 401k and retirement plan)
• Performs Human Resources duties as assigned by President & CEO
• Serves as a benefit administrator for employee benefit programs (including insurance and employee retirement plan)
- Oversees Office, Building and IT Management functions of the Office Manager
• Oversees Association Management Software for the Association (currently Atlas)
• Other duties as assigned by President & CEO.
TO APPLY: Submit a cover letter along with your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. All submissions received will be kept confidential. Only complete submissions will be considered for the position.