If you are interested in a rewarding career in the restaurant and foodservice industry, the Colorado Restaurant Foundation offers a variety of merit-based scholarships for students considering enrolling in post-secondary culinary and hospitality programs.
The Colorado Restaurant Foundation, in partnership with Foundation scholarship donors, awards scholarships to qualified students in foodservice and hospitality management programs. Applicants must have demonstrated strong interest in the foodservice/hospitality industry as evidenced through documentable work experience in the industry.
Thanks to our generous donors for offering the following scholarships this year:
- Weil Family Foundation Scholarship: $7,500
- T. Kevin McNicholas Foundation Scholarships: Two $5,000 scholarships
- Kae DeBrent Hodges, Chris Weil, and FOODMatch Scholarship: $3,500
- Colorado Restaurant Association Mile High Chapter Scholarship: $3,000
- Fred M. Laurita Scholarships: Two $2,500 scholarships
- DiPasquale Family Foundation: $2,500
- Swire-Coca Cola Scholarship: $2,500
- PepsiCo Scholarship: $2,500
Undergraduate scholarships for the 2023-2024 school year will be awarded in May. The deadline to submit an application is March 20, 2023.
Post-secondary students enrolled in culinary and hospitality programs at Colorado colleges and universities can submit one application to apply for all available scholarships. Any applications which do not meet the following criteria or are not legible will be automatically disqualified.
- You must be a US citizen or a permanent resident.
- You must plan to use the scholarship in a foodservice- or hospitality-related program at an accredited post-secondary institution or program in the state of Colorado.
- You must be enrolled or plan to enroll as a full-time or substantial part-time student taking a minimum of 9 credit hours each term.
- You must plan to be enrolled for at least two upcoming consecutive semesters.
- You must have at least six months of industry related work experience.
Colorado ProStart® Students
Colorado ProStart® students can submit one application to apply for all available scholarships. Any applications that do not meet the following criteria or are not legible will be automatically disqualified.
- You must be a senior enrolled in the Colorado ProStart® program at your high school or in your school district.
- You must be accepted into an approved post-secondary program, starting in the Fall 2023 term.
- You must have some documented industry-related work experience.