- This event has passed.
Webinar: EEOC’s Proposed PWFA Regulations: Oh Mama!
September 14, 2023 @ 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
The EEOC crafted 275+ pages worth of regulations, preamble and interpretive guidance to fill in the gaps found in the new Pregnant Workers Fairness Act (PWFA). The proposed regulations contain some interpretations that were largely expected and some surprises. During this webinar, Jackson Lewis P.C. attorneys will discuss those surprises and the practical impact they will have on employers as they handle accommodation requests under the PWFA.
This webinar is free of charge.
- The PWFA requires employers to accommodate qualified employees with “known limitations” related to, affected by or arising out of pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions regardless of whether the limitation meets the definition of disability. How does the EEOC interpret “limitations” under the PWFA?
- What types of conditions and circumstances are included under the umbrella of “pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions”?
- Employers are familiar with accommodating employees with disabilities. How do employers need to adjust those practices when it comes to pregnant employees and employees with pregnancy and childbirth related medical conditions?
- EEOC’s examples of potential reasonable accommodations.
- What your HR team, managers and supervisors need to know about how the EEOC views their obligations.