By The Denver Police Department
- Ensure the business is well-lit and eliminate places for criminals to hide near the building.
- Lock all doors and windows when closed or away from the business. Install double cylinder deadbolts where possible, securing all points of entry, such as gates, fences, roof access, etc.
- Remove cash from registers and leave the register open at the close of business and secure valuables or merchandise out of sight when closed.
- Post signs outside your business letting criminals know there isn’t money in the register or safe, and keep track of inventory by marking items or logging serial numbers.
- Start or join a Business Watch Program to build relationships with neighboring business owners.
- Install an alarm or surveillance system.
Contact your local Denver Police District for a business safety assessment.