On Thursday, February 16, the Colorado House Business Committee is voting on one of the most important pieces of legislation pertaining to restaurants to date — HB 23-1118, a restrictive scheduling bill. We need YOU to email each member of the committee leading up to the vote to stop this bill from becoming law in Colorado.
Your voice could not be more important; this bill has the potential to dramatically change the restaurant industry in Colorado and negatively impact restaurant workers by instituting devastating, burdensome requirements on restaurants.
This is the most restrictive such bill in the country.
We know how busy you are right now, but taking a moment to email each of these representatives could affect the future of owning and operating a restaurant in Colorado. We cannot defeat this bill without your help.
PLEASE email these Representatives and explain the effect of this bill on your business. Here is a bill summary (in English and Spanish) and here are talking points you can use to craft an email personalized to your business.
- Representative Judy Amabile, Chair (D) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Representative Naquetta Ricks, Vice Chair (D) Naquetta.Ricks.email@example.com
- Representative Regina English (D) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Representative Sheila Lieder (D) email@example.com
- Representative William Lindstedt (D) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Representative Javier Mabrey (D) email@example.com
- Representative Tisha Mauro (D) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Representative Rick Taggart (R) email@example.com
- Representative Ryan Armagost (R) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Representative Lisa Frizell (R) email@example.com
- Representative Ron Weinberg (R) firstname.lastname@example.org
This bill will be heard in the House Business Committee on the afternoon of February 16, and we need a strong restaurant presence to testify before the committee. If you are interested in sharing your story, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Please take a minute RIGHT NOW to email your elected officials and tell them how this will have a dramatic impact on your business and your employees!